Product Owners and Product Managers
Does your software project have a dedicated Product Manager? How about a Product Owner?
If your aren’t sure of the distinction between Product Owner and Product Manager, here is a link for some background reading?
Boiling it down, Product Owners represent the interests of your customers and end users. What the product should do and how will the users interact with it. The Product Manager is more focused on the company’s interest, including market analysis, market dynamics, competitive review, product life-cycles, etc.
Developing a software product without filling these two roles is incredibly risky. I’ve worked on products that lacked formal product owners and involved product managers that have succeeded by accident, but failure is far more likely. I know first hand how devastating it is to a product team to create a product that is well received by the user base, but can’t make a sale due to failed Product Management. Inadequate market analysis throughout the product life-cycle can doom a product before it ever finds its niche.
Likewise, I’ve worked on products that had proper Product Management, but were in danger of losing existing customers due to poor Product Ownership. A few customer visits asking the right questions can be the difference between a loyal customer base and losing the annual maintenance revenue the first year.
How can we help?
Our team can come up to speed quickly on the software you are developing and seamlessly integrate with your team.
- We can work with your customers to understand how they use the product, as well as identify what features are missing or hard to use.
- We can work with your prospects and lost opportunities to determine what criteria they use when evaluating a product.
- If you don’t currently have a Product Manager or Product Owner for your software project, we can add a Senior member of our staff to your team on a part-time or full-time basis.
- We can train members of your staff to become Product Owners and Product Managers.
- We can assist your current Product Owner or Product Manager if they are overwhelmed by your current product offerings.
Contact us today:
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Contact Request’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’How can we help?’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]