From Info Q:
I’ve been a database person for an embarrassing length of time, but I only started working with MongoDB recently. When I was starting out with MongoDB, there are a few things that I wish I’d known about. With general experience, there will always be preconceptions of what databases are and what they do. In hopes of making it easier for other people, here is a list of common mistakes.
– Even though MongoDB doesn’t enforce it, it is vital to design a schema.
– Likewise, indexes have to be designed in conjunction with your schema and access patterns.
– Avoid large objects, and especially large arrays.
– Be careful with MongoDB’s settings, especially when it concerns security and durability.
– MongoDB doesn’t have a query optimizer, so you have to be very careful how you order the query operations.